Border Security Force (BSF) Recruitment for 622 ASI & Head Consatable 2016
Total No. of posts: 622
Name of Posts &Educational Qualification:
Assistant Sub Inspector (RM): 152 Posts
Metric with 3 years Diploma in Radio and TV Technology or computer or Mechanical or Electrical or Domestic Application or Telecommunication or 10+2 passed by Fifty percent with Physics, Mathematics or Chemistry
Head Constable (Radio Operator): 470 Posts
Matriculation or equivalent with 2 years ITI certificates and TV or Intermediate or Electronics or 10+2 with Physics or Mathematics and Chemistry.
Age limit: 18 to 25 year, General, 18 to 28 years for OBC, 18 to 30 years for ST/SC (as on 15/07/2016).
Pay Scale: Rs 5200 – 20200 with GP Rs 2400 for HC (RO), AGP Rs 2000 for ASI (RM)
Application Fee: A Bank Draft of amount Rs. 50/- (Rupees fifty) only by General and OBC candidates as the examination fee will be prepared in favour of the Inspector Geneal/DIG/Comdt, to whom the print out of application has to be sent and payable at respective SBU post office. However the Sc / ST & BSF serving personnel and female candidates of all categories are not required to submit examination fee. Bank Draft number has to be filled in specific column / boxes provided in the online application form. One print out of online application form along with Original Bank Draft will be sent to the recruitment centers of their choice as selected online, within 15 days from last date of online application form.
Selection process: The selection shall be held in Two phase
- First Phase: Written Test:
- OMR Based screening test:
- Duplicate OMR sheet attached with main OMR will be allowed to be canied along with candidates.
- Answer key may be uploaded on BSF website on following days of examination.
- The result of written test qualified candidates will be announced through internet and uploaded on BSF web site www.bsf.nic.in. A call letter will be issued to all qualified candidates who will appear in Descriptive test.
- Descriptive Written Test:
- FOR ASI (RM): Candidates who qualify descriptive test will allend 2nd phase.
- FOR HC (RO): Candidates must qualify descriptive test as well as dictation test during this phase
- OMR Based screening test:
- Second Phase: PST, PET, Documentation and Final Medical (Candidates who qualify all the above tests will be put through a detailed medical examination to assess their fitness.)
- Height: 168 cms (Male) | 157 cms (Female)
- Chest: 80 – 85 cms (only for Male)
- Weight: Corresponding to Age and Height (Both)
How to apply: Candidates will have to fill the application form online using BSF Recruitment portal. Above portal will become active on BSF website with the link rectt.bsf.gov.in
- Start date for online application: 16/06/2016 (09:00 AM)
- Last date for online application: 15/07/2016 (12:00 AM)
- Written Examination: 25/09/2016 (OMR Based)
- Descriptive Written Test: 18/12/2016
- PST / PET / Documentation & Final Medical: 20/03/2017 & Onwards
Syllabus for written exam:
Written Exam – 100 Questions of 200 Marks in 2 hours.
Part – I. Physics: 50 Marks
Part – II. Mathematics: 50 Marks
Part – III. Chemistry: 50 Marks
Part – IV. English & GK: 50 Marks (Current Affairs, History, Geography & General Science)
Negative Marking: for a question of 2 marks of multiple-choice based, 0.50 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Descriptive Written Test: The candidates who qualifies OMR based written test will appear in descriptive test. A separate call letter will be issued to all qualified candidates by recruitment centre concerned to attend the descriptive test as well second phase.
ASI / RM Candidates: A Paper of maximum 200 marks covering Physics, Chemistry, Malhs & Electronics subject (12th standard/Diploma level)
HC / RO Candidates: Candidates will be tested for two categories as per following procedure:
Written Test (Descriptive Pattern: A paper of maximum 100 marks covering Physics, Chemistry & English (12″‘ standard).
Dictation test (in English writing) of minimum 100 words (100 Marks)
Both above descriptive tests will be mandatory and the final merit will be prepared on the marks obtained in these tests.
Evaluation /marking system of dictation test is as under:
2.5 Marks will be deducted for each omission/mistake of single letter.
5 Marks will be deducted for each word mistake/omission.