Department of Post (Gujarat Circle) Recruitment for 1242 Postman and Mailguard Posts 2016
Notification No.: R&E/2-9/DR/2015-16
Total No. of Posts : 1242 Posts
1. Postman – 1220
2. Mail Guard in RMS – 22
Educational Qualification :
(1) For Postman : Matriculation from recognized Board/University
(2) For Mail Guard: Matriculation from recognized Board/University.
Age Limit : 18 to 27 years for unreserved (UR) applicants as on 11-04-2016. Relaxation as per rules.
Scale of Pay: Postman: Rs. 5200-20200 & Grade pay: Rs. 2000/- + Admissible allowances.
Mail Guard: Rs. 5200-20200 & Grade pay: Rs. 2000/- + Admissible allowances.
Candidates belonging to Un-reserved (UR) and OBC: Rs. 100/- (Application Fee) + Rs. 400/- (Examination Fee)
Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/ Female: Rs. 100/- (Application Fee – On.l)
Pattern & Syllabus of examination:
- The applicants shall be subjected to an aptitude Test (Multiple Choice Questions) with total 100 marks covering the following subjects/topics. Aptitude test will be comprising 4 parts (part A, B,C(i) & C (ii).
- The duration of the aptitude test will be for 2 hours (120 minutes). There is no negative marking..
- The part A and B of the aptitude test will be in bilingual i.e. English & Gujarati.
Qualifying Marks: The qualifying marks in each part and aggregate is as under:
- The selection will purely on merit basis which will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Aptitude test separately for each category following the prescribed rule procedure on the subject.
- If two or more candidates secure equal marks in Aptitude test and they are standing in the last position in the merit list than it is clearly stated that the candidate senior in age will be considered for selection.
- If two or more candidates secure equal marks in aptitude test and they are standing in the last position in the merit list and their age are also the same, then candidate who secured higher percentage in the matriculation will be considered for selection.
Centre of Aptitude Test/Examination: (i) Ahmedabad (ii) Rajkot & (iii) Vadodara cities of Gujarat.
How to Apply : Interested Candidates may Apply Online Through official Website www.gujpostexam.com.
Notification : Click Here
Apply Online : Click Here