Gujarat Vidyapith has published Advertisement for below mentioned Posts 2017.
Total No. of Posts: 10 Posts
Professors: 04 Posts
Associate Professor: 04 Posts
Assistant Professor: 02 Posts
1. Sociology I Social Anthropology
2. Gandhian Study *
4. Physical Education
SCALE OF PAY Rs. 37400-67000 AGP 10000
• An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the relevant subject and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of I 0 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
• A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
• Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process.
• API Score based on PBAS be sent along with the application as per UGC Regulations 2016 and amendments from time to time. Those not having minimum API Score will not qualify. Consolidated API score requirement of 400 points from categories II and Ill of APis (cumulative).
• An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the relevant subject, to be substantiated by credentials.
* Degree in Philosophy or Political Science may also be considered for this post.
** Degree in Microbiology or Biochemistry may also be considered for this post
SCALE OF PAY Rs. 37400-67000 AGP 9000
1. Gandhian Study*
2. Sociology I Social Anthropology
• Good academic record (with 50% in undergraduate courses).
• A Master’s degree in relevant subject with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
• Ph.D. Degree in the relevant subject.
• Minimum eight years’ experience in teaching and/or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/Industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 (Five) publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
• Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
• API Score based on PBAS be sent along with the application as per UGC Regulations 2016 and amendments from time to time. Those not having minimum API Score will not qualify. Consolidated API score requirement of 300 points from categories II and Ill of APls (cumulative).
* Note: Degree in Philosophy or Political Science may also be considered for this post.
SCALE OF PAY Rs. 15600-39100 AGP 6000
1. Home Science/Microbiology/Biochemistry-(Food Processing Technology shall be preferred)
1. Good academic record (with 50% in undergraduate courses) with at least 55% marks (or an
equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), from at the Master’s degree level in relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
2. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CS IR or similar test accredited by the UGC
3. Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) to this Clause above, candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
” Provided further, the award of degrees to candidates registered for the M.Phii/Ph.D. programme prior to July II , 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances I By laws I Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degrees and the Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/ ET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:-
(a) Ph. D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
(b) Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners;
(c) Open Ph.D. viva-voce of the candidate had been conducted;
(d) Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
(e) The candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D. work.
(a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice-Chancellor/ Dean
(Academic Affairs)/Dean (University Instruction):
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected based on an interview.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may send their application & necessary documents to given address in the advertisement. Name of the post applied for must be super scribed at the top of the envelope as under: “Application for the post of _________”. The application forms along with attested photocopies of all certificates should be sent only by R.P.A.D. on or before 31-08-2017.
Last Date: 31/08/2017