Indian Coast Guard (Ministry of Defence) has published notification for recruitment for below mention posts in 01/2016 Batch in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
Name of the Posts: Navik General Duty
Age Limit: 18 to 22 years (i.e between 01/02/1994 to 31/01/1998)
Educational Qualification: 10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% in each subject of Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central / State Government.
Pay Scale: Rs.5200 –20200 along with Rs.2000 Grade Pay.
- Height: Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest: Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age + 10% acceptable.
- Hearing: Normal.
- Visual Standards: 6/6 (Better Eye) and 6/9(Worse Eye) (Candidates using glasses are not eligible)
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
Selection Procedure: The conduct of test is planned during the month of Aug/Sep 2015. Date, time and venue of the recruitment will be intimated through personal email ID in the month of Jul/Aug 2015 Selection procedure is as follows:
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written tests will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English up to 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
- Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. The PFT will consist as under:
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Pushups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- Start date for online application: 06/07/2015
- Last Date for online application: 13/07/2015 (till 05:00 PM)