Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian citizens for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in NAI entry in the Indian Navy for course commencing Jun 2017 at the Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, application fee and how to apply are given below.
Posts : Naval Armament Inspection Entry Scheme (PC) Course – June 2017
Educational Qualification : Candidates should have passed BE/ B.Tech degree or in the final year of Engineering Course in any one stream i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Production, Instrumentation, IT, Chemical Metallurgy and Aerospace Engineering with minimum 60% aggregate marks till V semester.
Note: (i) Only one application is to be filled by a candidate. (ii) Candidates must have minimum of 60% overall aggregate on completion of BE/B.Tech. The candidates failing to meet minimum cut off percentage will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
Physical Standard :
- Eye Sight : Distant Vision 6/60, 6/60 Correctable to 6/6, 6/12 Should not be colour blind/night blind
- Height & Weight : Male – 157 cms,With correlated weight, as per age and height.
- Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist end on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www.joinindianavy.gov.in
Note: – There will be no relaxation in Physical Standards.
Age Limit : 19 1⁄2 – 25 years, born between 02 Jul 1992 and 01 Jan 1998; both dates inclusive.
Selection Process :
- Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their performance in educational qualification. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to short – list applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled from Dec 16 to Mar 17 at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
- The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of stage I (Day one) and stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests, consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from SSB Centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Interview. Successful candidates will undergo medicals examination (approx 3-5 days).
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates is addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of a call-up letter.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained to a candidate during SSB tests.
- Return First Class (AC III Tier/AC Chair Car) rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this Commission on production of railway ticket.
How to Apply : Interested Candidates may Apply Online Through official Website. One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to below address along with the following
documents:- Self attested photograph, Self attested photocopies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester/years. In case of CGPA, the candidate is required to attach the certificate issued by the university for conversion of CGPA into the percentage. Application to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed post/courier and the Registered post will not be accepted. A superscription is to be made on envelope: ONLINE APPLICATION NO. __ APPLICATION for Pilot/ /NAIC JUN 2017 COURSE Qualification______ Percentage _____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes/No. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/stapled; IHQ MoD (Navy) will not be responsible for the loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
Address to sent Applications : Post Box No. 02, Sarojini Nagar PO, New Delhi – 110 023