The Indian Navy invited applications from unmarried male candidates for enrollment as Sailors – Sports quota Entry – 01/2018 Batch.
Name of Posts: Sailors – Sports quota Entry – 01/2018 Batch
- Educational Qualification, Age limit & Sports Proficiency
- Direct Entry Petty Officer:
- Qualifications:. 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
- Sports Proficiency:
- Team Games: Should have participated at International /National/State level at junior /senior level or represented a University in the Inter University tournament.
- Individual Events: Should have attained a minimum of 6th position in Nationals (seniors) or 3rd position in National (juniors) or 3rd position in the Inter University meets.
- Age limit: 17 to 22 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1996 to 31 Jan 2001 (Both dates inclusive)
- Senior Secondary Recruitment (SSR):
- Qualifications: 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
- Sports Proficiency: Should have participated at International/National/State level or represented a University in the Inter University tournament.
- Age limit: 17 to 21 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1997 to 31 Jan 2001 (Both dates inclusive).
- Matric Recruits (MR):
- Qualifications: 10th /equivalent qualified.
- Sports Proficiency. Should have participated at International/National/State level tournament.
- Age limit: 17 to 21 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Apr 1997 to 31 Mar 2001 (Both dates inclusive).
- Direct Entry Petty Officer:
- Pay Scale/ Salary: During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (Rs. 21,700- Rs. 43,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ Rs. 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Insurance cover- Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs. 37.50 lakhs for all sailors is applicable.
Selection Process : Deserving candidates would be called to appear for trials at designated Naval Centers. The candidates qualifying trials will undergo medical examination at INS Hamla, Mumbai. The offer of enrolment will be forwarded to the selected candidates only, which will be strictly determined by requirement in particular sports disciplines and availability of vacancies. Request for change of venue of selection trials will not be entertained. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Sailors Medical Standards :
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Good mental, medical and physical health free from any disease/ disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties. Colour perception: CP II.
- No Cardio- vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. Infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, vericose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- (e) Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MoD (Navy) in NO (Spl) 01/2008.
- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Visual Standards:
- SSR (Without Glasses): Better Eye – 6/6 | Worse Eye – 6/9
- SSR (With Glasses): Better Eye – 6/6 | Worse Eye – 6/6
- MR (Without Glasses): Better Eye – 6/36 | Worse Eye – 6/36
- MR (With Glasses): Better Eye – 6/9 | Worse Eye – 6/9
- NMR (Without Glasses): Better Eye – 6/60 | Worse Eye – 6/60
- NMR (With Glasses): Better Eye – 6/9 | Worse Eye – 6/24
- Note: Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply
- Tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
How to Apply :
- The application is to be submitted on A4 size paper only as per the given format. Only one application form is to be forwarded. Application will be received only through ORDINARY POST. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected.
- Envelops: The type of entry, sports discipline with achievements is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the application. Envelopes should be of brown colour. Example: Ag.PO/SSR/MR/NMR 01/2018 KABBADI – NATIONAL LEVEL
- List of Documents: The documents mentioned in the application form are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application.
- Photographs: Candidates are required to submit one additional recent coloured passport size photograph along with the application with their name and signature on the reverse of the photograph. THE BACKGROUND OF THE PHOTOGRAPH SHOULD BE BLUE. Application received without photographs or not in the specified format will be rejected. Computer generated/ digital photographs will not be accepted.
- Batch No: 01/2018
- Last date of receipt of application: 15/01/2018.
- For candidates of North East, J&K, Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshdweep & Minicoy Islands: 22/01/2018
- Advertisement & download Application form: Click here