Staff selection commission (SSC) has published notification for recruitment All India Open Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted ) & Grade ‘D’(Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted).
Total No of Posts: 1064
Names of the Posts:
- Stenographers Grade ‘C’: 50 Posts
- Stenographers Grade ‘D’: 1014 Posts
Age limit: 18 to 27 Years (as on 01/08/2015)
Educational Qualification: Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
Selection Process: Candidates will be shortlisted for the skill test on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination. Candidates who qualify in the skill test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination. Allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending upon their merit position and the option exercised by them.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern (Objective Type Paper):
- Part-I: General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 Questions): 50 Marks
- Part-II: General Awareness (50 Questions): 50 Marks
- Part-II: English Language & Comprehension (100 Questions): 100 Marks
SSC Steno Skill Test Pattern:
- Grade ‘D’: 50 minutes (English) & 65 minutes (Hindi)
- Grade ‘C’: 40 minutes (English) & 55 Minutes (Hindi)
- Published date: 07/08/2015
- Last date for Submission Application: 07/09/2015
- Fill Part I on or before: 04/09/2015 (till 05:00 PM) (Online)
- Fill Part II on or before: 07/09/2015 (till 05:00 PM) (Online)
- Tentative Exam Date: 27/12/2015
Syllabus for written examination:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem
- solving, analysis, judgement, decision making,visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning,verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
- General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline. For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability /cerebral palsy affected candidates and opting for scribe there will be no component of Maps/Graphs/Diagrams/Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning / General Awareness Paper.
- English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability, would also be tested.